In 2022 we celebrate the 20th anniversary of KONTEJNER's work in the filed of contemporary art and culture with an annual programme on numerous locations in Zagreb and other Croatian cities. Being an important part of this celebratory programme, our yearly open call for new artistic productions and presentation of artworks is published a bit earlier than usual. The call is open to all the interested individuals and collectives residing and working in Croatia that have ideas, concepts and finished artistic projects in at least one of the following contemporary art fields:
- hybrid intermedia and investigative artistic practices,
- art, science and technology
- bio-art and biomedia
- sound art and experimental music.
Key criteria for selection of artworks that the curators will take into account are:
- Creativity, innovative aspects and critical approach in working with media, technology and science methodologies;
- Elaborate and precise realization plan: budget breakdown and timeline as well as resources necessary for project realization;
- Content quality, conceptual elaboration, research and theoretical background;
- Transdisciplinary and cross-sectoral character - collaboration of artist(s) with experts outside of the cultural and artistic sector;
- Particularities of the artwork and/or artistic process in the context of the local artistic scene.
The call is open from 5th October to 31st December 2021, and applications can be submitted via this ONLINE APPLICATION FORM (in Croatian language).
Obligatory application requirements:
- Contact information (name and surname/ name of the collective, e-mail address; phone number);
- Webpage or portfolio of applicant with descriptions and/or visual/audio documentation;
- Short biography (no more than 200 words);
- Name of the project applied to this open call;
- Short description and concept of the project (no more than 500 words);
- Short technical description and set-up requirements (no more than 300 words);
- Financial projection for the production and set-up of the project (one file, no more than 10MB);
- Information has the work already been produced or presented;
- Sketches and/or photo/videodocumention of the project (one file, no more than 10MB;
- Link to the project (if applicable).
Applications missing obligatory informations listed above will not be taken into consideration. Results of the open call will be announced to the selected authors by the end of February 2022